[Bf-docboard] OCL vs FDL

Ton Roosendaal bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 27 Nov 2002 14:27:33 +0100

Hi Felix,

The OCL says:

"You may at your option charge a fee for the media and/or handling
involved in creating a unique copy of the OC for use offline"

This means that you are allowed to charge a fee for distributing,
printing, copying, DTP & design, marketing, sales, whatever. For any
publisher that's comprehensible, and no limitation to apply OCL in a
commercial product.
I will check this interpretation with the OpenContent people. If I'm
wrong, we'll change the wording, or just leave that sentence out.

I've heard the arguments now. A decision follows.

Basta!

-Ton-