[Bf-docboard] Where am I? What am I doing?

Felix Rabe xitnalta@web.de
Fri, 15 Nov 2002 19:37:11 +0100

Hi.

I hope you won't miss me too much - unfortunately, I'll be unavailable
for Blender for the next week (and maybe some weeks after that if
everything breaks as Murphy wants it to break).

What am I doing?  (More or less only small-talk.)

I have to show my class' finances to some top guy at school (didn't
really take care of it for the last few (~6) months) until next week
(should have been today, but I didn't get it done) and am currently
working on a free software bookkeeping system for it (and everybody (at
school) shouts: "you're making it only harder for yourself!" - they
don't yet understand what a real hacker really is like ;) ).  You'll
find it on savannah.gnu.org when the first alpha version is ready.  I'm
writing it in Python (I learned it just before the conference for this
job) using wxPython, MySQL (through a driver), XML (for config's) and
XML-RPC.  Should get some people impressed as a nice side effect ;).
The last difficulty will be to get the client running properly on the
Windows machines in school...

Then, there's a (not too big) French book I have to read (and give a
talk about) until Monday the 25th.  Also until then, I have to hand over
two more chapters of my new Matura work (the successor to Alindis) to my
coach.

I think now you can call me really busy.  (;

I can do nothing but track the shorter messages appearing on this ML.

cu all later,

Felix