[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Mon, 30 Dec 2002 21:52:21 -0600

--------------020007060904010502030005

I was going to be working on a few pages, but I can concentrate on
making a standard for the PDF. I could do a design (the possibility of
which you had mentioned in an earlier post) and concentrate on
optimizing any graphics (which would mean authors could just make the
screenshots and leave the optimizing/cropping/editing of graphics to one
person making the PDF). It may be better to set up a procedure and
standard for using a graphics program like GiMP or Photoshop to optimize
the graphics before making the PDF. There could be two different
graphics standards, one for the online HTML documentation and a smaller
downloadable PDF, and one for print and a CD-based PDF. I volunteer to
work on the design and standards, if you want to go that route.

Alex

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>On Mon, 2002-12-30 at 19:13, Felix Rabe wrote:
>
>>The funny thing is that PNG's are compressed with the same algorithm
>>that gzip uses - so there's not much to hope for ;).
>>

>Well, there's not much hope in compressing them further then :) Let's
>hope that using Adobe Distiller can optimize those files and let's be
>careful when making screenshots.
>
>Bart

--------------020007060904010502030005

<head>
</head>
I was going to be working on a few pages, but I can concentrate on making
a standard for the PDF. I could do a design (the possibility of which you
had mentioned in an earlier post) and concentrate on optimizing any graphics
(which would mean authors could just make the screenshots and leave the optimizing/cropping/editing
of graphics to one person making the PDF). It may be better to set up a procedure
and standard for using a graphics program like GiMP or Photoshop to optimize
the graphics before making the PDF. There could be two different graphics
standards, one for the online HTML documentation and a smaller downloadable
PDF, and one for print and a CD-based PDF. I volunteer to work on the design
and standards, if you want to go that route.<br>
Alex<br>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>

--------------020007060904010502030005--