[Bf-docboard] chapter_mesh_modelling

Alex Heizer bf-docboard@blender.org
Sun, 29 Dec 2002 11:53:44 -0600

--------------060605080200050601030706

Hey Bart,

I know you can get pretty small file sizes for PDFs. My wife does work
on TYPO3, and has a lot of experience making PDFs (she does graphic
design) and she pointed out the TYPO3 TSref manuals are like 1.7MB, and
they have a couple hundred pages to them, with graphics. There are a lot
of options you can set with Acrobat, like compression, removal of image
doubles (Remove Doubles -- how about THAT!! :), image resolution, and
other things like that.

I have the PDF included in today's source package. I'll try running it
through and see how small I can get it. I should get the new machine
this week, and let you know what happens.

Alex

Bart Veldhuizen wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>On Sun, 2002-12-29 at 17:50, Alex Heizer wrote:
>
>>Someone earlier mentioned that OpenSource PDFers don't have the best
>>compression. Is that what everyone's using? Has someone tried using
>>Distiller? I haven't had much experiencemaking PDFs, but I'm about to
>>get a new Mac with the full Acrobat and can play around with making
>>PDFs if someone wants.
>>

>I don't have any experience with that - do you think you can
>'recompress' the PDFs?

--------------060605080200050601030706

<head>
</head>
Hey Bart,<br>
I know you can get pretty small file sizes for PDFs. My wife does work on
TYPO3, and has a lot of experience making PDFs (she does graphic design)
and she pointed out the TYPO3 TSref manuals are like 1.7MB, and they have
a couple hundred pages to them, with graphics. There are a lot of options
you can set with Acrobat, like compression, removal of image doubles (Remove
Doubles -- how about THAT!! :), image resolution, and other things like that.<br>
I have the PDF included in today's source package. I'll try running it through
and see how small I can get it. I should get the new machine this week, and
let you know what happens.<br>
Alex<br>
Bart Veldhuizen wrote:<br>

--------------060605080200050601030706--