[Bf-docboard] LyX as authoring tool for Docbook

Felix Rabe bf-docboard@blender.org
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 23:23:07 +0100

On Wed, 4 Dec 2002 15:22:18 +0100
Karsten Dambekalns <k.dambekalns@fishfarm.de> wrote:

> On Mon, Dez 02, 2002 at 08:04:09 +0100, Felix Rabe wrote:
>
> > - As already said, some kind of XML-indent (or XML formatter) tool would
> >   be very useful in such cases.  But probably a shell script could do the
> >   job in a few steps (and maybe with some Python using XML libs in between
> >   ;) ) as well.
>
> XML Indent, see
>  http://freshmeat.net/projects/xmlindent/
>
> Might help, haven't tried it yet.

There's a comment on that page regarding the SF version of HTML Tidy, as
well as stating that XML Indent (0.1.2 - current version is 0.1.9) is
not really conforming to the XML spec.

Also, on http://www.w3.org/People/Raggett/tidy/pending.html (at the
bottom), at least the latest original version (Ragget's) doesn't seem to
support XML properly.  I don't know exactly about the SF version, at
least http://tidy.sourceforge.net/libintro.html (again at the bottom)
mentions some encoding difficulties as well.

I don't know whether it would be possible/feasible/simple enough to
"port" XML Indent to a decent XML library such as the (AFAIK)
platform-independent libxml2 (see http://xmlsoft.org/ ).  Anybody
interested in trying?

cu,
Felix