[Bf-cycles] Updated standalone repository

thomas thomas.krebs at mecadtron.de
Fri Mar 5 11:24:43 CET 2021

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the info.

We would like to compile all the libraries for ourselves as we use other
libraries that use some of them as depenencies like the ubiquitous zlib,
jpeg, tiff and so on.
And we are on Windows...

I noticed that the use of the TBB library was introduced and my
impression was the reason was to only use only one thread library.

But I can see that pthreads and boost is still a dependency. I don't
know if more that the thread libray from Boost is used, though.

In the dependency list I am missing the reference to openimageio.
It was needed in Cycles in the past and as far as I can see it still is
necessary.

Thomas

Am 05.03.2021 um 10:40 schrieb Stefan Werner:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> the requirements for the current version of Cycles standalone are the
> same as for Blender 2.92. If you don't require buliding your own
> libraries, the binaries from
> https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/tags/blender-2.92-release/lib/win64_vc15
> <https://svn.blender.org/svnroot/bf-blender/tags/blender-2.92-release/lib/win64_vc15> work
> just fine.