[Bf-cycles] Asking interest in blur/bokeh improvements in cycles engine

miku miku at scout.uni.cx
Sun Apr 21 20:07:03 CEST 2019

Hello,

Here is Michael, Bachelor student in Computer Science at Frankfurt University of Applied Sciences.

After using blender as an artist for some time, i found it interesting to try to add some optical behaviour to the cycles engine. Especially some optical aberrations present in real world camera lenses.

For a start i added spherical aberration in a technical test: http://superkakerlake.de/Members/super/inf/bokeh-improvement-in-blender

It will be interesting for me to get an idea, if there is any interest in the blender community in such a feature.

I did not participate in such a large or open source project yet. This idea i also proposed on short term to the GSoC.

Greetings Michael

--
irc: miku
miku at scout.uni.cx