[Bf-cycles] color management render view option

Santosh Singh santoshmca.giit at gmail.com
Mon Apr 15 06:18:26 CEST 2019

Thanks Mr. Sergey,

Actually when i was passing the color details with background node into
cycles, i am getting different output of background color.
i checked into blender then i saw Raw render color option, that was
producing the correct color output so i asked about the raw option into
cycles standalone.

 i am passing background *background name="bg" strength="1.0" color ="0.055
0.055 0.055" *RGB(14 14 14) but i am  receiving RBG(59 59 59)  with color
picker tool.

Please help me how i will get correct background color what i am passing as
input with background node.

regards,
Santosh

On Sat, Apr 13, 2019 at 12:14 AM Sergey Sharybin <sergey.vfx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Blender uses OpenColorIO to deal with color management. It is not
> integrated into Cycles standalone.
> If you want to view your renders with different color transform curves
> applied, you need to open the render result in a viewer which supports
> them. Or, integrate OpenColorIO into Cycles standalone.
>
> But i am also wondering why exactly you need Raw option. Sounds as if
> you're doing something like providing background color in sRGB/display
> space, while Cycles expects everything to be in scene linear space.
>
> On Fri, Apr 12, 2019 at 10:24 AM Santosh Singh <santoshmca.giit at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,
>>
>> I am trying to use background color data using the background node with
>> cycles standalone , i am getting different color with render output.
>> I checked into blender, there is color management with render view with
>> multiple option ( False color, Log,Raw, Film , RRT, Filmic and Default).
>> I am using cycles standalone application, how to use the render view Raw
>> option.
>>
>> Please guide me.
>>
>> --
>> Thanks & Regards