[Bf-cycles] Feature: Recoloring of lights and materials post-render.

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Thu Oct 11 20:52:06 CEST 2018

Quick followup:

I just read the linked document and I understand the code complexity
concern a bit better now. While it would be neat to have support for
100% perfect recoloring for crazy shader networks and arbitraty
parameters, I agree that the solution suggested in the document is a bit
much, at least for an initial patch.

For now, I'd suggest a simplified version: The user can select a (or
maybe a list of) BSDF node(s) and will later be able to tweak a
parameter and get a result as if each selected BSDF had been multiplied
by that parameter. That still lets you tweak textured objects and is
straightforward to implement (single bit per closure, maybe just add a
second SVM closure instruction to mark it).

- Lukas