[Bf-cycles] Many Lights sampling GSoC?

Marco G marco.gzt at gmail.com
Fri Nov 9 16:45:08 CET 2018

Hi devs,
I was really happy about the Many Lights sampling GSoC, but noticed it has
not been carried on further and not been merged, I think it would be a
great addition for noise reduction, i would personally get much benefits
since i deal everyday with big, luxury interiors with many light sources
per room.

Is there any chance it could get reviewed and merged sooner than later? I
spoke with Erik (the student who did the GSoC), but of course he has no
time to invest ATM since he's doing school.

Here is the final update of the project and the source code:

https://wiki.blender.org/wiki/User:Erikenglesson/GSoC_2018/Reports/WorkProduct/

https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/repository/gsoc-2018-many-light-sampling/

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Regards,
MG