[Bf-cycles] [GSoC 2018] Draft Proposal for Volume Rendering and OpenVDB Integration in Cycles

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Mar 25 23:33:29 CEST 2018

Hi,

Just a quick reply since I don't have more time today, but the proposal
seems to be referring to Blender code, while the original idea would be
done almost entirely in Cycles. The Cycles code is here:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/intern/cycles/

Image code where we would add support for loading OpenVDB files:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/
intern/cycles/render/image.cpp

Image sampling code in the kernel:
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/
intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/cpu/kernel_cpu_image.h
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/
intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/cuda/kernel_cuda_image.h
https://developer.blender.org/diffusion/B/browse/master/
intern/cycles/kernel/kernels/opencl/kernel_opencl_image.h

Regards,
Brecht.