[Bf-cycles] Render to memory buffer

Guillaume Chéreau guillaume.chereau at gmail.com
Sat Mar 17 18:10:52 CET 2018

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 11:01 PM, Lukas Stockner
<lukas.stockner at freenet.de> wrote:
> - Are you fine with getting a raw float buffer?
Yes that's fine, I can easily do the conversion to RGB.

> - Are you using interactive rendering?
Yes, I am looking for the same kind of rendering as in Blender, where
we start we a low res version and progressively improve it, if the
user changes the scene of the camera position, the rendering is reset.
It works more or less out of the box with the session->draw method,
but it is using OpenGL to do the rendering directly on screen. What -I
think- I want is to get the raw data and add put it into a dynamic
texture that I can integrate into goxel rendering.

> - Do you want to support multiple devices?
Not sure what that means.  I only want to render on screen, and also
into a file for export.

> The easiest approaches I can think of right now are either using a shared
> RenderBuffer for all tiles (already sort of implemented in session.cpp) or
> just copying the pixels from their buffers into your shared buffer similar
> to how Cycles for Blender does it in
> BlenderSession::do_write_update_render_result.

OK thanks for the tips, I will have a look at that.

- Gui