[Bf-cycles] Render to memory buffer

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Sat Mar 17 16:01:13 CET 2018

Hi,

it certainly is possible somehow, but the best approach depends on what
you need:
- Are you fine with getting a raw float buffer?
- Are you using interactive rendering?
- Do you want to support multiple devices?

The easiest approaches I can think of right now are either using a
shared RenderBuffer for all tiles (already sort of implemented in
session.cpp) or just copying the pixels from their buffers into your
shared buffer similar to how Cycles for Blender does it in
BlenderSession::do_write_update_render_result.

-Lukas