[Bf-cycles] GSoC 2018 - Many Lights Sampling Proposal

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Mar 13 17:33:21 CET 2018

For the planning, I suggest to get the basic BVH building and traversal
working for point lights first, and then add area lights, add mesh lights,
add importance from light intensity, ... Try to have some working
implementation as soon as possible, and then iterate on it from there.

To start, you can of course spend a day or two browsing the code, creating
initial test files etc. But also plan to write some code in the first week.
It may go very slow as you are feeling your way around the code, but it
means you are leaning about the things that are actually important to your
project.

Also link to the paper(s) you are planning to base this implementation on.