[Bf-cycles] GSoC 2018 proposal discussion: hair shader

Leonardo E. Segovia leonardo.segovia at cs.uns.edu.ar
Tue Mar 13 00:06:03 CET 2018

Hi all,

I've submitted my draft proposal via the GSoC portal. Again, because
the course timetable is not yet available (until Tuesday), the "School
conflicts" section is still marked as TODO.

Should I share the GDocs link here as well? Or you can comment via the
GSoC portal itself?

Best regards,
Leonardo

> There are a few unit tests as you found, but mainly Cycles testing is done
> with the regression tests.
>
> On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 11:29 PM, Ray Molenkamp <ray at lazydodo.com> wrote:
>>
>> you can find some information on how to run the test suite here:
>>
>> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Doc/Tools/Tests/Setup
>>
>> --Ray
>>

>> On 2/20/2018 3:25 PM, Leonardo E. Segovia wrote:
>> > Hi again,
>> >
>> > I've spoken with my advisors, and they believe the existing idea is
>> > perfect for the purposes of my thesis. As for the draft, I will mail
>> > it here once I can get details on this term's timetable (second week
>> > of March at the earliest, because the courses still need to be
>> > -officially- announced).
>> >
>> > In the meanwhile, I'd like to ask you if Blender and/or Cycles have a
>> > testing framework in place. I've found some interesting bits at
>> >
>> > https://git.blender.org/gitweb/gitweb.cgi/cycles.git/tree/refs/heads/master:/src/test
>> > . Is there any available documentation about it?
>> >
>> > Best regards,

Lic. Leonardo E. Segovia
Departamento de Ciencias e Ingeniería de la Computación
Universidad Nacional del Sur
San Andrés 800 - Campus Palihue, B8000 Bahía Blanca, Argentina