[Bf-cycles] Questions on Many Light Sampling

André Lourenço alourenco.94 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 6 22:07:59 CET 2018

Hello,

I have been working on my GSoC proposal on the Many light Sampling project. I have some questions about it:

- What is the current estimation method for textured lights?

- When "Investigate balancing importance with background and portal lights" is proposed, "investigate" refers to performing benchmarking and implementing optimizations?

- I would like to implement the Adaptive Splitting Heuristic (paper<https://sites.google.com/site/ckulla/home/many-lights>). It is ok to do it legally speaking? Since it might take priority from one other proposed topic, is it opportune or are there bigger priorities?

Thank you,

André Lourenço