[Bf-cycles] Comparison overloading for *4 types

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 15:54:12 CEST 2018

Hi,

I think it would be best to be explicit about the conversion to bool, since
it's not immediately obvious if this should test if any or all of the
values are true.

OpenCL has builtin functions for this:
https://www.khronos.org/registry/OpenCL/sdk/1.0/docs/man/xhtml/any.html

We could add the equivalent ones for CUDA and C++ like this:

#ifndef __KERNEL_OPENCL__
ccl_device_inline bool any(const int4& a)
{
    return a.x && a.y && a.z && a.w;
}
#endif