[Bf-cycles] GSoC 2018 proposal discussion: hair shader

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Feb 18 14:55:01 CET 2018

Hi,

Yes, you can send see a proposal and we can give it a quick review. This
would be mostly to point out any major things that are missing or features
that we intended to be designed differently, since in the end we still want
to judge a proposal that you wrote.

Note that the idea in the wiki is to port the hair shader code from PBRT,
and spend most of the time to integrate, test and optimize it. I don't know
if that is what you had in mind, or if you wanted to implement it from
scratch for the thesis. Proposals don't have to follow the ideas in the
wiki exactly, but the aim should be to have the hair shader stable and
merged by the end of the summer.

Regards,
Brecht.