[Bf-cycles] GSoC 2018 proposal discussion: hair shader

Leonardo E. Segovia leonardo.segovia at cs.uns.edu.ar
Sat Feb 17 14:32:16 CET 2018

Hi all,

I'm writing to let you know about my interest in implementing the hair
shader for Cycles
(https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Ref/GoogleSummerOfCode/2018/Ideas#Physically_Based_Hair_Shader).

Currently, I'm studying for the MSc in Computer Science at the
Universidad Nacional del Sur in Bahía Blanca, Argentina
(https://cs.uns.edu.ar). My thesis is expected to analyze the state of
the art in hair modeling, simulation and shading, along with an
implementation of a hair shader in an open source engine. My advisors
and I originally planned for me to do it on my own, but we were very
glad to find that it had been included in the ideas list for the
current GSoC.

Would it be OK if I send you a copy of the proposal, so as to review
and polish it? Let me know if you have any particular format requests
(PDF, web page, etc.)

I'm open to any further questions you may have.

Best regards,

--
Lic. Leonardo E. Segovia
Departamento de Ciencias e Ingeniería de la Computación