[Bf-cycles] [GSOC 2018] Many Lights Sampling

Stefan Werner stewreo at gmail.com
Wed Feb 14 15:06:17 CET 2018

Hello André,

the Appleseed renderer had a method like that implemented in last year’s GSOC, you can look at its source code here:
https://github.com/appleseedhq/appleseed/blob/master/src/appleseed/renderer/kernel/lighting/lighttree.cpp <https://github.com/appleseedhq/appleseed/blob/master/src/appleseed/renderer/kernel/lighting/lighttree.cpp>

Petra, the student who wrote the code, blogged about it here:
https://medium.com/@petragospodneti/gsoc-2017-with-appleseedhq-cc5f33d04170 <https://medium.com/@petragospodneti/gsoc-2017-with-appleseedhq-cc5f33d04170>

There’s also a discussion about many lights sampling here:
http://ompf2.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1938 <http://ompf2.com/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=1938>

-Stefan