[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone : Smooth Shading & Subdivision

Prayaag Kasundra prayaag at decorastudio.com
Fri Dec 14 13:52:29 CET 2018

Hello all,

Again queries for Cycles Standalone. Thanks for pointers about my last questions about Filmic blender. We are using oiio at the server end to apply Filmic transforms to generated exr images.

We are seeing too many flat faces in renders. I found we need to enable smooth shading. But I couldn't find how to do that in Cycles Standalone.

Also, I checked for subdivision, reference of which is there in cycles_xml.cpp . We are using it as per code but don't see it making any difference in the results. This is how we are generating XML http://prntscr.com/luws9s

On the side note, for denoising, if it's doable by newbies like us, we are actually desperate to add it to Standalone. But need some direction.

Thanks,

Prayaag