[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone : Using Filmic Blender

Prayaag Kasundra prayaag at decorastudio.com
Sat Dec 8 14:27:43 CET 2018

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your answers. I figured cycles saves exr if the output filename has exr extension. I don't know cycles code much yet. But now I have some direction to look at to transform exr output's color space.

I read this Reddit thread <https://www.reddit.com/r/blender/comments/6o8hdq/i_just_figured_out_how_to_speed_up_renders_nearly/> about how cycles wastes time in view space color transform on every sample increase.  Does this still happen in Cycles standalone if it renders with --background options?

Any pointer for code change in applying color transform while saving the file in cycles would help. I guess we have to make changes in "write_render" method of "cycles_standalone.cpp" file. Will try to figure something.

Thanks,
Prayaag