[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone : Using Filmic Blender

Prayaag Kasundra prayaag at decorastudio.com
Sun Dec 2 21:22:24 CET 2018

Hello everyone,

Like always I have a question about Cycle Standalone. Are Color Management<http://prntscr.com/lps084> parameters available in standalone? We were keen on using Filmic Blender color system. As shown in this video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9AT7H4GGrA&feature=youtu.be&t=25m31s>,  it can make a big difference in our application (as our app is only about interiors).

If not supported, can anyone guide so that we can try adding ourselves? We don't know how cycles codebase and C/C++. But we can give it a try.

Also, I have a question for cycles in general. If let's say we have all texture in the cloud and we have mounted cloud storage as a volume on the machine such that if Operation System IO operation is performed, it would read the file from the cloud instead of HDD. So in this scenario, will cycle slow down because multiple IO read for same texture file will be 10x-20x slower (depending upon internet speed)? or Cycle preloads all textures into memory at once initially and only initial loading time will be affected?

Thanks,
Prayaag