[Bf-cycles] Corona "Render Map" equivalent in Cycles Blender

Adam Preisler adam at preisler.me
Thu Aug 2 21:59:30 CEST 2018

Hi Guido,

you could accomplish the same with baking. Although it takes a couple of
seconds to setup, you can do it for multiple different materials after
that. Just make a plane with reset UV and change the material of that
object. After baking just save that image and then overwrite the bake
result with a different image.

While I think it's useful to get features like this right in the node
editor, the workload right now is far too much to make this reasonable to
implement. Also this could be related to everything nodes and node preview
later on.

Adam

On Thu, Aug 2, 2018 at 5:21 PM Guido Medici <guido.medici89 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi everyone,
> I was wondering if there is a way to do what Adam Martin does in corona
> during this tutorial ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEj8MjaVOvk ) ,
> I'm referring especially to minutes 49, where he extrapolates the maps
> resulted from the different maps mixed in node group.
> I think that this could be a clever way to compress all different maps to
> save some memory in the final render.
> I don't know if there is a way that I ignore or if there isn't a feature
> like this in cycles.
> I searched for a while in the web but I didn't find anything.
> So here I am, is there anyone that can answer me.
>
> Thank you so much,
> *Guido*
>
> *.......................................*
> *GUIDO MEDICI*
> Via Nino Cattozzo, 50, 45011 Adria (Ro)
> guido.medici89 at gmail.com
> http://www.behance.net/Guido_Medici
> P.I. 01488300292
>
> *.......................................*
>
> Ai sensi del D.Lgs. 19603, le informazioni e le immagini contenute nel
> presente messaggio e negli eventuali allegati sono da considerarsi
> esclusivamente e strettamente riservati. Il destinatario è l’unico
> autorizzato a leggerlo, usarlo, copiarlo e sotto la propria responsabilità
> diffonderlo. A chi dovesse indebitamente pervenire si notifica che è
> proibito qualsiasi uso, copia, distribuzione e divulgazione di quanto in
> esso contenuto (art. 616 c.p.). Qualora questa comunicazione fosse stata
> ricevuta per errore, vi invitiamo cortesemente a darcene notizia ed a
> provvedere alla distruzione del messaggio.

Adam Preisler
3D & 2D Graphics
+44 7706 918 919
London