[Bf-cycles] SceneRenderLayers settings and 2.8

Ilja Razinkov razinkov at gmail.com
Fri Nov 17 11:00:18 CET 2017

> * mat_override [override]
> * light_override [override]
Sorry for interrupting your conversation, and this email is clearly an
offtopic, but...

Please, instead of mat/lights overrides - consider the possibility of
adding simple "RenderLayer Index" output to "Light path" node, in
material nodes

This will open a way (for node-based material) to behave differently
on different render layers. So same material in different render
layers may give different output to rendered image.
This is basically the same as single material override per layer, but
gives much much more possibilities to artists, especially in
conjunction with compositor.
And solve all problems will light override too :)

On Fri, Nov 10, 2017 at 8:15 PM, Dalai Felinto <dfelinto at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> As part of the work for 2.8 we are moving settings from
> SceneRenderLayer into SceneLayer.
>
> This is the initial impression on how we would like to handle the
> individual settings currently at  SceneRenderLayer that need to be
> ported to SceneLayer:
>
> * name [done]
> * mat_override [override]
> * light_override [override]
> * lay [removed]
> * lay_zmask [???]
> * lay_exclude [???]
> * layflag [*]
> * passflag [keep]
> * pass_xor [keep]
> * samples [ViewRender + overrides]
> * pass_alpha_threshold [ViewRender?]
> * prop [keep]
> * freestyleConfig [keep]
>
> [done] - Already in SceneLayer
> [keep] - To be ported as it is
> [override] - To be ported (in the future) as override
> [ViewRender] - To move into a ViewRender settings
> [???] - Not sure how to handle it
> [*] - layflag will be merged with the existing SceneLayer flags, while
>
> Since this affect Cycles I would like to double-check if anyone here
> sees any issues with that. In particular I'm interested on idezs to
> handle lay_zmask and lay_exclude.
>
> Thank you,
> Dalai
> --