[Bf-cycles] More operations per material and per object

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Thu Nov 2 10:12:53 CET 2017

Hi,

We are definitely looking forward implementing improvements you've
mentioned, in one way or another one.

For the ID passes Stefan Werner was working on cryptomate, which allows
lots of flexibility. It requires some better support from compositor, but
definitely is coming feature.

More flexible passes is something what seems to fall under AOV, which is
becoming more and more requested feature.

Rest of requests seems to fall under more adaptive sampling, which will
definitely come sooner or later.

On Thu, Nov 2, 2017 at 4:33 AM, asmithey at cox.net <asmithey at cox.net> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I come form am Maxwell Render background and Maxwell does something very
> well with lots of flexibility.  This is achieved by have specific tools be
> available per object or per materials.  Similar with how render-layers
> might
> be used in some cases.  But with render layers we are limited to what we
> can
> do.  For instance,  ID masks, denoising, shadow passes and matte materials
> and extra sampling.  I am sure there are more instances.
>
> It would be great if we could simply assign ID masks, as pure alpha
> channels, per material or object.  Assign denoising to a material or an
> object, not dependent on render layers only.  Assign materials to create a
> shadow pass for a specific material or object only, not dependent on render
> layers only.  And assign extra sampling to materials or objects, not
> dependent on render layers only.  This adds more flexibility.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://blender.45788.x6.nabble.com/Bf-cycles-f7.html

With best regards, Sergey Sharybin