[Bf-cycles] Cycles Standalone XML rendering errors

Prayaag Kasundra prayaag at decorastudio.com
Sat Jan 14 15:33:45 CET 2017

We are invoking cycles standalone .exe through a .Net Windows Forms Application.
I have 4 XML (Generated from same scene from our application but with different camera angle , different light intensities values and different integrator node attrib values  )

While first two xml works , when cycles.exe (invoked through .net app) tries to render 3rd and 4th xml, cycles.exe just doesn't do anything. No CPU utilization . I waited for 1 hour for 20 samples with 400x600 render size, still the cycles.exe process didn't complete. When I manually close the cycles.exe window , it returns the error output to .net app successfully though.  (The .net app invokes cycles with --background --quiet params)

Now surprising thing is if I invoke cycles.exe manually with same 3rd and 4th xml  through command prompt (even with --background --quiet params ) , it does finish and generates .jpg file successfully (although with  same console errors that appear in case of .net app)  .

Following are errors/warning output of cycles.exe for each four xml files. First two runs successfully and generates jpg and last two just pauses cycles (remember, only when cycles is invoked from .net app. When run manually all four works despite of error output) .

1. https://hastebin.com/bilequkixu.pl

2. https://hastebin.com/momamikobe.pl

3. https://hastebin.com/okisedacuv.pl

4. https://hastebin.com/pusiwakuju.pl

This is weird problem. Please throw some pointers. Thanks in advance.

Thanks,

Prayaag