[Bf-cycles] Why remove square samples?

Nahuel Belich casillapforos at yahoo.com.ar
Thu Aug 17 01:21:40 CEST 2017

Hello:

Here I talk with Eugenio Pignataro (Aka: Oscurart) we agree that its nice to have the square option but not being forced to used it, we consider that there are situations where having the possibility to fine tune the sampling parameters its a very usufull possibility, there are situations where you wont want to rise the double but to find the exact sweet spot.

About keeping the ui and what should be the default, i personally consider that its basically the same, if we have the ui option and i dont feel comfortable with the default, i just change it and Ctrl+U :)   and if the UI option its no more there, its also simple to write  x*x or (pow(x,2))  or something like that to get the multiplier in the parameters.

In other words i prefer always to have the possibility to fine tune and touch instead to be forced to use X in certain way, although it could be a nice simplification to bare in mind for "Blender 101"

Nahuel Belich
Senior CG Generalist | BFCT