[Bf-cycles] Why remove square samples?

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Tue Aug 15 16:31:04 CEST 2017

Hi,

This is one of the first steps in planned changes to simplify Cycles
sampling for 2.8, by the end the settings should look quite different and
there will be more readjustment needed.

We've seen users not realize this option is enabled or not, leading to too
many or not enough samples by accident. I think it will be better in the
long run to have just a single way to specify the number of samples. But if
we get more feedback about this being a problem we can consider restoring
it.

Regards,
Brecht.