[Bf-cycles] Displacement modifier flickering

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Oct 30 11:22:43 CET 2016

I wouldn't expect the displacement modifier to work any different for
rendering than it does for the viewport, unless you have e.g. a
subdivision modifier with different render levels or some modifier
only enabled for rendering.

So it might not be a Cycles specific issue? Unless you're talking
about adaptive subdivision and displacement in Cycles, where there may
indeed be flickering, lowering the dicing rate may help there. That's
a difficult problem in general though we can improve things still.