[Bf-cycles] Questions about Cycles Standalone

Prayaag Kasundra prayaag at decorastudio.com
Sat Oct 8 23:08:26 CEST 2016

Hi,

I have  questions about Cycles Standalone.

In our application the 3D scene and camera angle will be static. Geometry
will remain static. Material/texture of one or two meshes will change based
on user's interaction at runtime. And then render would be triggered. This
sequence will be repeated frequently (change texture & render) .

We are looking to reduce render time..

I want to understand if since only few mesh are changing after previous
render, can we benefit from having rest of scene and camera  static ? Can
last render's calculation be cached by Cycles to product render faster ?

Thanks,

Prayaag

<http://t.sidekickopen61.com/e1t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7ks8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v4
f9DHVfn3bz1px67HW7fK6h43LvrVvW2-ddhj1k1H6H0?si=4580378421231616&pi=2bf93110-
a8a8-436c-a4fe-6e8a17747bd9>