[Bf-cycles] Bf-cycles Digest, Vol 67, Issue 6

x3108 at chello.at x3108 at chello.at
Wed Nov 9 00:11:27 CET 2016

Are you sure ?

https://www.jstor.org/stable/27594084?seq=1#fndtn-page_scan_tab_contents <https://www.jstor.org/stable/27594084?seq=1#fndtn-page_scan_tab_contents>
http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~yu-chi/res..._files/pmc.pdf <http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~yu-chi/res..._files/pmc.pdf>
http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0008226.pdf <http://arxiv.org/pdf/cond-mat/0008226.pdf>

Reading them, they are very, very old coffee papers. I doubt that Nvidia has the rights to the PMC.
Their implementation is mainly in Optix and iRay libs, which is not PMC AFAIK.

Yes of course there needs to be a coding in CUDA/OpenCL and CPU, but that is just a new programming in GPL, nobody is copying code.
So…