[Bf-cycles] AMD publishes FireRays source code

Stefan Werner swerner at smithmicro.com
Thu May 19 13:52:45 CEST 2016

True, there are references to instancing and motion blur in the “outside” API:
https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/FireRays_SDK/blob/d091a737645ef1e16b096024e44323e29b63f9f3/FireRays/include/firerays.h

It looks like only object-level transformation blur to me, no vertex level deformations – or am I missing something? Eventually, I’d love to see improved motion blur in Cycles, embree supports it on a BVH level and it’s very fast.

-Stefan