[Bf-cycles] Cycles standalone compiling

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:29:27 CET 2016

First of all ,are you building Cycles from standalone repository or from
within Blender's sources?

Second of all. do you have libraries checked out from SVN?

Other replies are inlined.

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 2:18 PM, Lin M <majcjc at gmail.com> wrote:

> 1. when I tried to config the project by cmake, it showed errors in
> blender/intern/cycles/app/CMakeLists.txt (line 83) when it went
> to target_link_libraries_decoupled(${target} OSL_LIBRARIES). It's because
> the OSL_LIBRARIES was appended by unnecessary "optimized" and "debug" which
> would be appended again in the macro target_link_libraries_decoupled. I
> wrote a small function to delete them and the VS solution can be generated
> successfully.

"OPTIMIZED" and "DEBUG" are not unnecessary, they are required to make it
possible to use different libraries for Release and Debug targets in MSVC.

Writing  anything to get rid of such suffixes is a wrong approach to solve
your issue.

2. Then I tried to build the solution (release version). It output many
> similar errors when compiling the cycles project
>
> 63>LLVMAnalysis.lib(ConstantFolding.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch
> detected for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in
> cycles_standalone.obj

This exactly because your script screwed libraries up and used debug
libraries for release build (or vice verse).

--
With best regards, Sergey Sharybin