[Bf-cycles] Cycles standalone compiling

Lin M majcjc at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 10:18:42 CET 2016

Hi all,

I tried to compile Cycles standalone on windows/vs2013 yet met quite some
problems (without checking WITH_CYCLES_STANDALONE and
WITH_CYCLES_STANDALONE_GUI, blender can be built smoothly). I searched the
documents but I can't find a very clear tutorial about that (or I missed
it). I put the problems here. Thanks in advance if anyone could give some
helps.

1. when I tried to config the project by cmake, it showed errors in
blender/intern/cycles/app/CMakeLists.txt (line 83) when it went
to target_link_libraries_decoupled(${target} OSL_LIBRARIES). It's because
the OSL_LIBRARIES was appended by unnecessary "optimized" and "debug" which
would be appended again in the macro target_link_libraries_decoupled. I
wrote a small function to delete them and the VS solution can be generated
successfully.

function(clean_lib_prefix_suffix lib_list_new lib_list)
  list(REMOVE_ITEM lib_list "optimized")
  list(REMOVE_ITEM lib_list "debug")
  foreach(_ele ${lib_list})
    string(REPLACE "_d" "" _ele ${_ele})
    list(APPEND lib_list_temp ${_ele})
  endforeach()
  list(REMOVE_DUPLICATES lib_list_temp)
  set(${lib_list_new} ${lib_list_temp} PARENT_SCOPE)
endfunction()

2. Then I tried to build the solution (release version). It output many
similar errors when compiling the cycles project

63>LLVMAnalysis.lib(ConstantFolding.obj) : error LNK2038: mismatch detected
for '_ITERATOR_DEBUG_LEVEL': value '2' doesn't match value '0' in
cycles_standalone.obj

Can anyone give some clues? Thanks!

Best,
Lin