[Bf-cycles] Question regarding capabilities of Cycles

Thomas Hood ninthlyokowarrior at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 1 23:33:43 CET 2016

Can Cycles be used for rendering 2d Graphics? I'm talking "Sprite" & "Doom-style" stuff. I'm asking because some friends of mine are working on a fork of the id Tech 1 engine's "GZDoom" Source Port that removes & replaces all the proprietary code with GPL stuff. The thing is, the CPU renderer's heavy reliability on closed code caused that to be among the parts that was expunged entirely & not merely replaced. As a result, I took it upon myself to find an open-source CPU renderer, & Cycles was the best I could find.
Sent from my iPhone