[Bf-cycles] A couple of questions...

Thomas Volkmann lists at thomasvolkmann.com
Thu Jun 16 12:49:12 CEST 2016

Just now:

I have an object with multiple materials on it. I want to make it just one
material and do the assignment in the nodetree. Is that possible?
I thought of creating vertex groups for each material, but cycles can't access
it so it seems.
Any ideas?
I really need to do something like this, because I can just have one override
material per renderlayer. I really hope 2.8 will address stuff like this and is
not all about UI stuff....

thx,
Thomas