[Bf-cycles] raPT, highly efficient BVH kernels

Brecht Van Lommel brechtvanlommel at pandora.be
Sun Jun 12 16:33:39 CEST 2016

It's a paper about BVH construction with spatial splits, not
intersection kernels. Of course faster BVH construction would be nice.
I don't think we'll do that on the GPU anytime soon though, as that
paper shows there is still a lot of room to improve BVH build
performance on the CPU without having to deal with the complexity of
doing it on the GPU.