[Bf-cycles] Cycles - Select what GPU-s to render

F Tamas tamasf.3d at gmail.com
Sun Jul 24 16:28:36 CEST 2016

Hello All,

I just hope that I write my wish to the proper list.
I would like to ask if it was possible to implement a GPU selection option
to Cycles to select which GPU should render in a multi-gpu system.

Actually for having proper screen performance under Win we need an AMD card
for the 'system' and then we could select all CUDA cards (as far as I
know), which is a pain as it would be obvious to work in other apps while
Blender renders.
Furthermore as OpenCL support arrives to Cycles it would be a cost-saver to
have AMD gpus only, so then it would be a 'must' to exclude 'system gpu'
from the rendering devices.

Thanks

Tom Frank