[Bf-cycles] Crashing renders on custom builds

Jeffrey italic.rendezvous at gmail.com
Fri Jan 15 00:02:11 CET 2016

Hey Cycles fans. I recently did some tests for Thomas Dinges and the
experimental kernel and came across some long-standing render crash
issues. I've included some crash logs at the end of this mail. I build
from source and can run blender and work in it just fine, but when it
comes to rendering, all but one test scene crashes instantly, even with
CPU rendering. I'm about at my wit's end with this. This is a list of
things I've done trying to stabilize:

Rebooting
Fresh builds from scratch
Building with CUDA TK 6.5, 7.0, 7.5
Build with "make full" to mirror official builds
Start blender with --factory-startup
Revert to earlier commits when it was previously rendering
Reinstall glibc (it shows up in crash logs)
Change make optimization levels from -O0 to -O3
Compiling with and without LLVM and OSL
Building single- and multi-threaded
Disable openMP
Build as minimally as possible

I am able to run a buildbot build, so it has to do with my build setup
for sure. It seems to be part of the mesh export because I press render,
it opens the image editor and I watch it iterate through a list of geo
objects and crash. I've exhausted my knowledge of this build system,
since I'm not actually a programmer. If you have any hints, I'd be happy
to hear them.

http://www.pasteall.org/63423
http://www.pasteall.org/63424
http://www.pasteall.org/63425