[Bf-cycles] Lamps Inside SSS Volumes

Zauber Paracelsus zauber at gridmail.org
Thu Jan 14 21:41:25 CET 2016

I had been working on a character model, and wanted to create the
appearance of an internal glow in the characters hands when they used
magic.  I tried doing this with subsurface scattering.  What I first
tried was adding an emission shader with a mix node that would cause it
to emit light backwards into the mesh.  Then I tried putting a lamp
inside of the mesh.  In both cases, nothing happened.

Is this an implementation bug, or a known limitation?  And is it at all
possible to extend SSS to support this?