[Bf-cycles] OSL on the GPU

Matthew Heimlich matt.heimlich at gmail.com
Sat Feb 13 01:44:03 CET 2016

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/osl-dev/VnLwgR0jPOs

You can see some of the process discussed between Larry and the folks from
Spectral there. They're basically letting OSL run on the CPU, taking the
optimized output from that, and converting it into OpenCL code. In the
years since I assume they *could* have actually ported OSL to the GPU, but
I'd seriously doubt it.