[Bf-cycles] OSL on the GPU

Zauber Paracelsus zauber at gridmail.org
Sat Feb 13 00:50:05 CET 2016

I had been browsing, and it appears that someone was able to get
OpenShadingLanguage to run on the GPU (along with dual CPU/GPU
rendering, to boot).  Namely, it was Spectral Studio 13, a
physically-accurate and unbiased renderer, like Cycles.  Unlike Cycles,
however, it is proprietary.  It does prove that it can be done though,
so hopefully such a capability won't be far off for cycles.

(I am unable to include a link, as the mailing list's spam filter will
reject the email if I do)