[Bf-cycles] Cycles attributes on object level?

gandalf3 zzyxpaw at gmail.com
Thu Aug 18 03:04:07 CEST 2016

This will make *all* objects using the material use the property on the
*one* object specified in the driver
I'd be nice if there was a way to reference a value on the object owning
the material, e.g. the object's dimensions.

Perhaps this capability could be added to the relative "self" reference
now included in drivers? "Self" refers to the datablock containing the
driver, and in the case of a driver on a node, refers to the node itself
(which doesn't help if you want to get things like object dimensions).

Maybe a it would be possible to add another special variable like
"self_object" which references the object *using* whatever datablock the
driver is on?