[Bf-cycles] Layer Manager - Overlaps with Render Passes

Julian Eisel eiseljulian at gmail.com
Fri Apr 29 21:38:40 CEST 2016

Hey,

I've been told that there's some planning to re-write everything
related to render passes to be more flexible for external render
engines. This might overlap with my layer manager GSoC project, so I'd
like to check on that early on.

What are the rough ideas here and where could they conflict with my
layer manager work?
Note that I'm trying to avoid changes in render layers, except of the
stuff directly related to layers. So if you don't plan to bring passes
from render layer level to layer level, it seems like there's actually
no overlap?

Thanks,
- Julian -