[Bf-cycles] Intel Iris OpenCL support

Paul Hamilton phamtec at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 14:00:15 CEST 2016

I’m a longtime mac developer and I’d love to help out getting cycles working against OpenCL running on the Intel Iris, of which I have a few myself. I have the code building and on my machine and I was going to start delving into the source but I thought I would ask this list if anybody could give me a rundown of what the issues are.

I assume that OpenCL is very different for each card, you guys have ATI/AMD support but haven’t spent time to work out how to make the Iris work but perhaps it’s impossible without extra work from Apple?

Paul.