[Bf-cycles] Cycles AO

David Fenner d4vidfenner at gmail.com
Tue Apr 26 21:35:38 CEST 2016

The best thing for AO right now would be making it a texture or a feature
like pointiness. Not a shader. Just like a noise texture that you can map
into anything.

On top of that, making it perfect would be having options to:
- Be affected only by self occlussion / or by everything. (This way we can
really make a shader with dirt that won't be changing as the scene animates
unless you deform it)
- Be occluded only by diffuse shaders rays (This way a perfectly reflective
sphere won't make occlussion on the shader)
- Being able to control distance by texture/shader.

That would be what everybody wants, specially vray users (Vray dirt has the
options described).