[Bf-cycles] Remove old Sky Model

Nathan Vegdahl cessen at cessen.com
Thu Apr 14 19:02:38 CEST 2016

Are we talking about removing this from Cycles, or removing it from
Blender?  Removing it from Cycles seems unnecessary to me.  As Stefan
illustrates, other software is now depending on Cycles as an engine,
so removing features impacts more than just Blender.

However, we can still choose to simply not expose legacy features of
Cycles in the Blender UI.  Right?

Is there some difficulty in approaching things that way?  Essentially,
treat Cycles like a library (avoid feature removal), but treat its
integration with Blender as a tool (hide legacy features in UI).  That
way we neither discourage others from integrating Cycles with their
tools, nor do we straight-jacket ourselves into a cluttered UI of
legacy features in Blender.

--Nathan