[Bf-cycles] New ideas list on developer.blender.org

Sergey Sharybin sergey.vfx at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 19:18:28 CEST 2016

Hi,

There is already task for this i think [1].

Additionally, thanks to Brecht, we now have tasks nicely organized in
workboard [2], so think it makes sense to avoid uber-task and have
individual tasks per official feature we're gonna to work and have those
tasks listed under "Features and Plans" workboard.

However, it's still quite technical and it's still nice to work on a more
higher-level roadmap which would be more clear for users.

[1] https://developer.blender.org/T46258
[2] https://developer.blender.org/project/view/26/

On Mon, Apr 4, 2016 at 7:10 PM, Lukas Stockner <lukas.stockner at freenet.de>
wrote:

> Hi everybody!
>
> Since creating a Cycles roadmap came up once again, I'd like to suggest
> creating an up-to-date ideas list as a first step.
>
> There is a ToDo-list on the Wiki (under
> https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/Render/Cycles), but it
> seems to be quite outdated and unmaintained currently.
>
> Therefore, my suggestion is to create a "Cycles Ideas" task on
> developer.blender.org where ideas can be added by developers. Once
> something gets implemented, the corresponding task/revision/commit can
> then be linked from there. Also, it gives a quick overview on possible
> and reasonable changes which is a good basis for creating a roadmap (and
> also could serve as a kind of Cycles-specific Quick Hacks list for new
> devs by marking some ideas as "easy")
>
> So, what do you guys think about it?
>
> Best regards,
> Lukas