[Bf-cycles] New ideas list on developer.blender.org

Lukas Stockner lukas.stockner at freenet.de
Mon Apr 4 19:10:12 CEST 2016

Hi everybody!

Since creating a Cycles roadmap came up once again, I'd like to suggest
creating an up-to-date ideas list as a first step.

There is a ToDo-list on the Wiki (under
https://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Dev:Source/Render/Cycles), but it
seems to be quite outdated and unmaintained currently.

Therefore, my suggestion is to create a "Cycles Ideas" task on
developer.blender.org where ideas can be added by developers. Once
something gets implemented, the corresponding task/revision/commit can
then be linked from there. Also, it gives a quick overview on possible
and reasonable changes which is a good basis for creating a roadmap (and
also could serve as a kind of Cycles-specific Quick Hacks list for new
devs by marking some ideas as "easy")

So, what do you guys think about it?

Best regards,
Lukas